- Soca 2019! -

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Caribana™ Children and Youth Festival




It was nice attending Caribana™ Arts Group Children and Youth Festival at Yorkgate mall yesterday. The junior parade may have been small, but it still drew a crowd, and the parking lot was packed with people who also came for the entertainment (calypsonians, pan, dancers) face painting and food. I've always enjoyed going to the parade at Yorkgate, it's a great thing for the kids and youth to be involved in in their community. 



 

2 comments:

yeayeabe said...

So I am a little confused. Are there now 2 kiddies?? Just wondering if there are bands for the festivity they held this weekend or were the kids wearing the same costumes they will wear this weekend (or were they from last weekend)

Personally I am excited to see how Downsview Park works out for this year but I can understand how moving it has taken away from the J&F community as it is no longer in their backyard

Karabana said...

None of the mas bands participated in this one, and kids wore costumes specifically for this parade.
I look forward to seeing how Jr. Carnival at Downsview will go as well. I remember when it was on Eglinton. I'm understanding of change. But I still like seeing something at Jane & Finch.

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory