- Soca 2019! -

Monday, March 10, 2008

Scotiabank jumps up with Caribana

Thanks for everyone who keeps on checking in, even though we have been on hiatus since last year.... Thanks for not forgetting us.

Well I hope all of you all had a safe and happy carnival. We didn't reach Trinidad, (work conflicts) but I still read allyuh blogs religiously. I didn't say much, I was kinda sour from the Carnival tabanca nah.

Anyways, I still finding it REAL hard to sit down and blog about Caribana since it still too cold, and snow pile up on my front yard taller than me. But, things are starting to happen, so I must say something.
I read that Scotiabank has taken on sponsorship of the Caribana festival. They have signed a 2 year deal, for an undisclosed sum of money, to be Caribanas' Title sponsor.

If you visit the official Caribana website http://www.caribanafestival.com, you will see that there are banners saying Soctiabank Caribana, and there are multiple links back to the banks website.
I think its a great idea for them to sponsor the festival. It will generate a lot of goodwill from the community. My mortgage is with Scotia, and now I have a really good reason to stay with them .... mind you, they still better come with a competitive rate :) And my next car will probably come from Foster Pontiac... This is money well spent.
In all seriousness, I think you need to support the sponsors of our culture. We know of many companies that target our community for revenue, but don't really financially support the festival. (ah not calling no names...yet)
This is a great thing all round, the organizers will realize that if you take big money from really large corporations, these sponsors will demand a higher level of professionalism surrounding all of the events they lend their name to. I think this can only help Caribana. I don't remember another year when Caribanas' website was updated this early in the year...

Several of the articles that I have read, express the hope, that this will send a message to other large companies, that it is safe, and makes good business sense to associate their companies with this event.

OK, now that I have broken the ice, I promise that I will be posting regular and it won't be so serious as this post. I'll try and buss some jokes and get some pictures and ting.
There is lots to report on, Band launches and themes have been announced and the fetes have started. Dr Jay had his return fete, I hear it was real good, but I'm still not hitting no fete while there is snow on the ground :(

Anyways, I'm gone for now and if you have any questions or comments, please don't be shy

laters

Trini-in-Toronto

No comments:

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory