- Soca 2019! -

Friday, July 19, 2019

Number 4 ~ Twenty years of Caribana ~

 ~ Twenty years of Caribana ~

4️⃣


My fourth Caribana remains one of the best. We decided to cab it to the CNE, but after waiting outside my apartment building for about 30 minutes, it didn't come, so we called another one. We were late to meet the band, and didn't cross the stage. It rained, so my headpiece got drenched. 

So why was it one of the best?

This was the first year playing in a costume that I loved every ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป single ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปpiece ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปof, and felt completely comfortable in. No adjustments or repairs needed. That makes such a difference, amiright? My first big feathered headpiece. I adored it. The entire costume, so beautifully designed, fit well. I felt pretty in pink (& purple). And that standard! I would not let go of it, I'm proudly holding it in every picture, lol! I kept the pretty purple painted face, it remains on the wall in my Caribana room. This is my favourite costume by Ross. 


Theme, Rituals. I so looked forward to playing in purple & pink.  


This was also our first Hamilton Mardigras. You mean there's another parade next week? Wot?!?! Let me tell you, experiencing another new carnival just extended my joy. I was impressed that we got to do it again. My soaked feathers may not have bounced back, but we had a fantastic second jump up.๐Ÿ’œ



No comments:

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory