- Soca 2019! -

Monday, July 16, 2007

RHYTHM OF LIFE


Jessie Matthews & The Calabash Company's Caribana 2K7 presentation is RHYTHM OF LIFE.

Because the mas camp address is incorrectly listed as 750 Progress Ave., it made for much confusion trying to find it. There is no 750 Progress Ave., but luckily I got Jessie on the phone, and she gave me directions to
Tropicana Community Centre, 16 Consilium, where the mas camp is located. She stood outside where I met her, lol, and I made my way in to check out the sections on display. Costumes are $90-$100. Kiddies are $55.

The traditional costumes are beautifully made and looked lovely at the Caribana launch.


JUMBIE, JUMBIE DEM!


This gypsy skirt is quite popular for Caribana 2K7.


like the pan pants

& the metallic rhythm section

Someone we met online from the US played mas for the first time last year with Jessie Matthews and said they enjoyed it. http://www.jessiematthews.com/ is a flyer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara,
Well girl...I am going to be a 2-band H.O. this year, and one of the bands is actually Jessie Matthews...so I will definitely tell you how that works out :)
How are you btw? Fire Fete this year? :)

Anonymous said...

You are going to be a two band HO in Toronto? The same day? Over the course of about 6 hours

Thats dedication

Very impressed

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahah...the intensity starts from now yes..if i wanna try it for Trini Carnival..

I know it's a bit of a short span for Caribana..but hey, free is free eh ;) lol

Karabana said...

Yup, when it's free, why not? :) Plus, you can do Hamilton Carni too.
Who's the other band Tr|n|gYa|? What sections?
We'll be at FF :) You? I'm good, aching from my Xtreme run yesterday, but must 4get it & go inline skating, serious exercise in these next 18 days!

Anonymous said...

I just got an e-mail from Toronto-lime and the Fire fete tickets are now up to $50.

So, I'm up for other optios or if anybody has a hookup for the cheaper tickets let me know

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory