- Soca 2019! -

Sunday, June 03, 2007

TO Masqueraders Lime with Machel

Machel at Zen


The perfect opportunity for all the Toronto masqueraders to meet is coming! This coming Sunday, June 10 at Harbourfront Ctr., Machel Montano will be performing 90 minutes as part of Carnivalissima, a celebration of the world's most lavish carnivals.

All day there will be steelbands, drumming & dance demos and carnival exhibits. Food sounds delic, especially the sexy slow-roasted BBQ beef ribs, red curry chicken, jump up soup, & Carnival Mash. A film JAB! The Blue Devils of Paramin is even showing.

I've really enjoyed the varied shows I've been to at the Harbourfront stage, it's the ideal backdrop for a concert - with the water behind you, it's the best thing on a humid night. AND, what's better than FREE????

So Buublenut, Megan, Scamp, Tr|n|gYa|, GT Warrior, Nairian, Lovechild in Toronto, & all other TO Bloggers, come lime, bring your Trini rum along with your rag! ;-) We'll be there long before his 4:00 show, (if you're looking for me baby, you will find me by de bar) maybe I'll wear my cowmas cowboy hat, LOL!

Jumbie, Jumbie them!

http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/luminato/carnivalissima/

Browse Schedule

14 comments:

buublenut said...

I can't wait guys - and I've got a brand new bottle of Trini Rum for the occassion :)

JUMBIE, JUMBIE THEM :)

See you Sunday :)

This is when I wish I had my TRIBE security shirt!!!

HQ said...

K!! I got my costume! I am playing with Nationz!!! And will definitely be at Fire Fete!! You convinced me! LOL

I am playing in the pink cotton candy costume.

Karabana said...

I know, that's FabUlous to hear your coming!!!! We'll all jump up at Fire Fete 4 sure!!

gtwarrior said...

Wish I could make it. Kara I live in NYC... :(...I still trying to decide if I am coming for Caribana...I will certainly let you know...

gtwarrior said...

btw...who are you playing with for Caribana?

Karabana said...

Oh. YOU MUST COME 4 CARIBANA :) :), it's going to be quite a year, you can't miss the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to check out Saldenah's costumes...

buublenut said...

I hear he may be able to leave Trinidad even on bail because they know he coming back - where would he go. But who knows I for one am unware of the laws of Trinidad but I hope that is true cause I want to Jumbie come Sunday

Anonymous said...

Hey Toronto bloggers - here is the link for the weekend performances at Harbourfront.
http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/luminato/carnivalissima/music.php#buckwheat

Apparently Machel is coming on at 4 p.m. and Pan Fantasy is playing from 1 p.m. - Pan Fantasy is a GREAT steelband - they won Pan Alive last year and the year before.

See y'all dong there...

Karabana said...

Hi Scamp, yup, we know, we'll be there to catch some pan, we'll find you, wear a headpiece so I can ID you, lol!... but you haven't heard? May not be any Machel if he can't leave bc he's on bail :( :(

Anonymous said...

I choose that pick and orange one OR the gold and red...you will be in FINE FHO fashion in those 2! :D:D
karabana..I need your MSN or something to find out about Saturday!

Karabana said...

OH! GREAT NEWS TO Limers, MACHEL IS ALREADY IN TO!!!!!!!:-)!!!!!!! Yeah, get ready to jumbie!!!!

Karabana said...

Tr|n|gYa| thanks, I am likin the pink/orange, y'know... I find it quite sexy & it has all the details I prefer... :-)

Now, what about you? Which costume you wearin?

You mean the lime :) WITH MACHEL :) on Sunday?... you on facebook? email me, I'll give you my cell #...

Anonymous said...

I in Carnival Nationz girrrrrll...Lion Tamers :D
Check me by Prettidolli Group on Facebook nuh...we needs to link ! :D

Karabana said...

Every Blogger going tomorrow, email me, or check me on crackbook 4 details... or, just look 4 us up front! LOL!

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory