- Soca 2019! -

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Caribana King and Queen show Pictures

I am a little ashamed to say that this is the first time I have attended the Caribana King and Queen show. I limed outside once, but I always thought, "why should I shell out the money to sit in the stands and watch these costumes when as a masquerader, I will have all the time in the world to look and see them on the road".
Truthfully, the only reason we were at the event tonight, was because we decided to volunteer to help out behind the scenes for as many events as they needed help for (except the parade of course).

But let me tell you, I don't care how many costumes you have seen on the road, or how close up you get, until you see these costumes at night, under stadium lights, being danced by these KINGS AND QUEENS, you have not witnessed what these ARTISTS had in mind when they envisioned their creations.
It is Breathtaking...... that is all I could say.

The back line was made for the road, the front line was made for the road, but the Kings and Queens were made to be showcased under bright light on the stage like the royalty they are.

I will not miss this show again.

Please forgive us, we didn't get shots of all the costumes because we were working and
also we had to leave at about 10:30pm since Karabana has to work in the morning. And we feteing tomorrow night and playing mas Saturday. Is red bull for breakfast yes. You all could probably check Toronto-lime for complete picks.

Hope you all enjoy the pics, say something, and tell us what you think.













ADULT QUEEN OF THE BANDS 2nd place Tamara Allyene Gittens - 'Anne Bonny – Mistress of Calico Jack' - Carnival Nationz

Crazy
















4 comments:

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Those costumes are amazing! I swear it was Dimanche Gras I was looking at.

Trini-in-Toronto said...

On behalf of all of us homesick Trinis-in-Toronto, we say thank you... We try to be the best carnival outside of Trinidad

Anonymous said...

I was at the King and Queen show this year, it was my first and I must say... it was spectacular!!!

I just love when Caribana Festival comes around each year... This year's Caribana Parade was pretty good except for all the people who broke through the fences and kinda slow the parade to a crawl... But overall it was alot of fun. Check out some of the pictures from this site. http://www.caribanafever.com

BTW, you got some really nice pictures of the Kind and Queen show!!!

-Sharon

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory