Sunday, April 21, 2013
Carnival Nationz the Reef band launch
Mandarin FishCarnival Nationz launched their Reef presentation tonight at Kool Haus to an anxiously awaiting crowd at 2 am.
First off, Holy Headpieces Batman! Very impressive height on most - Flasher Wrasse, Sea Horse, and Sea Urchin being the huge stand outs. Important to note is none of the models needed to hold their headpiece in place, they all stayed securely on.
I really like the entire look of Mandarin Fish backline and frontline versions, as well as Coral Fish, which is just on fire! Favourite headpiece is Flasher Wrasse, both back and frontlines. Pearl Queen of Gems reminds me of soft adorable Cottonelle kittens wearing rhinestones. Like Angel Fish's beautiful monokini.
There's a strong band uniformity to the designs, with jewellery, waistbands held together by ribbon, and body jewels. It wasn't about backpacks for CNz this year, but massive, well designed headpieces, sexified wire bras and a couple tiny jewelled waistbands barely covering bikini bottoms. Strong showing, all colour combinations are gorgeous, making it a difficult decision I suspect for their masqueraders.
Pearl Queen of Gems
- ► 2014 (45)
- Saldenah 2013 band launch Heaven & Earth (The Stag...
- Saldenah 2013 band launch
- Fine Details - The Deep
- Carnival Nationz the Reef band launch
- Fine Details - Lost Civilizations
- Bitter Lemon Carnival Brunch and Show - De Ting
- Sneak Peek Saldenah 2013 - Just a little taste
- Blues Carnival Fusion band launch
- Band launches on Saturday April 13
- Fine Details - The Beauty of Nature
- Tribal Carnival band launch 2013 The Beauty of Nat...
- The Beauty of Nature band launch
- First band launch: Tribal Carnival
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2012 (68)
- ► 2010 (76)
- ► 2009 (60)
Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!