- Soca 2019! -

Saturday, July 30, 2011

3Canal in Toronto


Did anyone check out 3Canal tonight at Harbourfront? It's their first time performing in Toronto, and they put on a fantastic show. I heard a lot of songs I wasn't familiar with. I guess I only know the 3 or 4 "crossover" hits that get airplay on normal soca stations.
They are very talented and have great stage presence, I think it was a little too conscious, with a lot of talk of love. I suppose I prefer the slackness that comes with todays soca.
But the show was very entertaining.
Love their music, style and voices.


We just love that venue, and seeing 3Canal there was wonderful. And you can't beat the view at the side or the back of the stage.

So carnival is finally tomorrow! Have an amazing time on the road everyone, and non masqueraders: RESPECT THE MAS!!!

1 comment:

yeayeabe said...

See you on the road!!!

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory