- Soca 2019! -

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Get it together!

You've ordered your costume, and are shopping for footwear and accessories - but don't forget about tights! They are usually the final touch to a costume. And please don't leave it 'till the last minute & resort to, eeeek! control top panty hose! The #1 Caribana fashion crime is wearing control top panty hose.
It really detracts from your costume when we can see the control top.


Now I love Rihanna, but I cringe at this wtf sloppy look, I mean, what was the stylist thinking? She did us no fashion favours by sporting this look in her What's My Name? video. 


This is more like it, mas appropriate fishnets! Matching quite well with her Barbados Carnival 2011 costume.

That's what I decided I wanted this year, nude fishnets. I saw a few pictures of masqueraders wearing them well in Trinidad. It was a matter of finding the right shade, not too pale or too dark. I didn't have to search too long to find them. I ordered this pair in just the right tan colour on Amazon.com.

 

Locally, you can check out the Phantom Warehouse Sale on Weston Rd. and Dance Wear Centre (Wilson Rd.) and their online store (they carry Capezio). There are many other online choices also.


I spotted these on July 13 at Brands Gone Wild for just $3! 

There's enough time ladies, so organize yourself nah! No excuses! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too hot for hose.
Can you imagine the stink developing after wining all day long.
I'll pass.

Karabana said...

Try it first before you make such an incorrect assumption.
No one who has worn them (even in hotter Trinidad) has said there's a stink.

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory