- Soca 2019! -

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Real Plenty pics from Caribana official launch

Caribana is OFFICIALLY here, Yeah baby!!!!!!

While Karabana was hard at work, she sent me down to the launch to get some pics. I didn't really want to spend the afternoon taking pictures of young ladies in costume, but I didn't want to let down the readers :)
The event started on time, but there was about an hour of speeches before the soca started. That was ok though, I hear government funding and more importantly private sponsorship is at an all time high. So if the guys who helping to pay the bills want to get their message out, I can't complain.
It really was a beautiful day and the costumes, pan and performances were outstanding.

Check out the picks and let me know what you think.



Nice Action shot

Nothing can beat flowing beads
She was feeling the Tassa vibes... did I mention there was a tassa band

The younger generation
Throwing waist to the tassa
This is in front the fountain at city hall
tassa causing it again

The costume is brilliant, and she wears it beautifully, but feather eyelashes just bug me... I don't know why.
Real nice head piece ent?

I know some people aren't finding it sexy enough, but I really like this Green IPADA BO-OLOG BON section. Not only do I think it looks real good, I like that if you didn't know what the theme was, you could guess it was something African

This green one is Karabanas' pick for favorite costume this year
I like to see people look happy like this when they are modeling a costume
All these nice gardens are in the heart of our busy city.... come visit us for CARIBANA

The Tassa band
This is John Kam, he is the festival producer


This man is not in costume, this is his normal clothes. He seem like a nice enough fella, he wanted $5 for taking his picture, then eluded to some other arrangement if I didn't want to pay. I think he was, joking but I left anyway.

No comments:

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory