- Soca 2019! -

Sunday, April 07, 2019

Fantazia 2019 band launch ~ Rebirth~



 Hi everyone, this marks the first launch I had the pleasure of covering for 2019. It was Fantazia, with their presentation of ~REBIRTH~.


While taking pics, I don't really "see" the costumes. I'm just trying to get a decent shot. As the launch finishes, people ask what did you think of the costumes? Honestly, the only thing I remember are those models who had great personality and really showed their costumes. I don't really get to take in the costumes until I look at the pictures. Looking at the pics, I am really impressed with Fantazia this year.






This is a very pretty costume, I find my eyes are drawn to the rhinestone strings for the suits.
They had plenty models, often 7 or 8 per section and they had 11 sections with all kinds of options for their masqueraders.







 Loved the "movement" of the "tentacles"



 I love when they make eye contact















 They had quite a few big beautiful costumes that could have taken the slot for opening picture.




 The back is just as nicely decorated as the front


 Easily could have opened the post


























1 comment:

Kryssy said...

Hi K & S! Back in effect for 2019!!!! Jumping right in, albeit it late. LOL. This year I’m going to keep it short-ish and sweet with just my feedback on my top 3 sections for each band.
Agate Section: This section (pale pink w/silver, teal and purple accents) section) was definitely my favorite of the launch. The movable wings were a very cool surprise. My only gripe was that I wished the ‘pull string’ was located in a different position but that’s just personal preference. It was also great to see wore bras that fit various sizes, and all fit well.
-Nebula Section: (pink, green & black) I really liked the colors of this section. My fave costume was the one with the feathers on one shoulder.
-Geae Section: (neon green, pink & blue) Also a launch favorite. All the costumes, including the male, felt complete... if that makes sense. And after playing in a neon costume in 2018, I know that the colors will pop on the road.

Although I’m only speaking on my personal top 3 sections, I genuinely don’t think you can go wrong with any of the sections this year. There’s a lot of variety with the body wear and colors and I appreciate that. Fantazia has had a small piece of my heart for a few years now. I always hear great things about the band and their vybes on parade day are electric. I’ve loved watching them grow and develop and can’t wait to see more from them.

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory